Conor McGregor Lacking ‘Hunger’ and Looking ‘Hollow’ ahead of UFC 264 Trilogy with Dustin Poirier says Lightweight Rival

CONOR McGREGOR is without the ‘hunger’ that sent him to the top of the world’s boxer rankings.

Beneil Dariush of the UFC weighs in.

Since his masterclass over Eddie Alvarez in November 2016, McGregor has only battled three times in the octagon.

McGregor’s ability to participate in mixed martial arts has been called into doubt after his multi-million pound boxing match with Floyd Mayweather, but the Irishman maintains he has recommitted to the event.

But Dariush, who is due to face Tony Ferguson at UFC 262 next month, is skeptical of The Notorious, telling ESPN: “It’s just hunger, guy.”

“It’s something I still bring up. As an athlete, I am blessed with God-given skills.

“As a result, I want to multiply those abilities and return them to God.” And the well is never empty. The well is still stocked with something.

“It seemed to him that the priority was to make profits first.” Yeah, you did that, but the well is empty.”

McGregor, 32, was a long cry from the guy who soared to international fame by terrorizing his rivals in the build-up to his UFC 257 loss to Dustin Poirier in January.

Dariush, like many others, was taken aback by McGregor’s demeanor and thinks the Dubliner “doesn’t realize what he needs’ to be at this point of his career.”

“This last war, he seems like a huge family guy and all that,” he said. You, on the other hand, have done so.

“You take care of your relatives.” It is visible to everyone. You are a wonderful father. You are a wonderful husband.

“The well is almost empty.” I’m not sure what you’re asking. He has become the victor.

“The well was depleted.” I’m not sure what piques his interest.

Conor McGregor, according to Beneil Dariush, is not the same individual he was a few years before.

“When you can’t see a man’s motivation, he becomes empty.”

“I believe I’m seeing it in Conor right now.”

“He is empty because he is unsure about what he wants.”

McGregor is preparing for a trilogy battle with Poirier, who knocked him out in the second round of their rematch earlier this year.

Poirier vs. McGregor 3 will be the main attraction of UFC 264, which will be held in front of a sold-out audience at Las Vegas’ T-Mobile Arena.

And Mystic Mac has promised to put on a performance for the 20,000 people that will be there.

“I signed my bout agreement this morning,” Ireland’s first UFC champion said after the series decider was officially announced.

“On July 10, I’m going to tear a new a**hole in the game.”

“Mac has returned to Sin City!” “The place is packed!”

Published by

ufcfightnight

Passionate about people, leadership & life.